This is a meme hosted by BethFishReads found here.
I am cleaning up, culling, packing and moving some items into storage so cooking is on the minimal side this weekend, however I am still trying to use up some ingredients that I have.
Right now as I’m typing there is a chicken soup in the slow cooker. This is one of those …hmmm what’s left in the house… let’s put it into a soup recipes.I had 3 carrots, 2 stalks of celery, a couple onions, a cooked carcass and chicken breast I had thrown in the freezer for soup, a couple potatoes, some parsley, a half bag of frozen peas, chicken broth and rice.
- Diced the carrots, celery and onion together and sweated in a pan.
- Peeled and sliced the potatoes
- Put the chicken, sliced potatoes, peas and broth in the slowcooker
- Added the veggies once softened.
- Put crockpot on for 4 hours
- Cooked the rice on the side
- Served by putting a scoop of rice in bowl and ladling soup over it.
Earlier today I made one of my go-to recipes from Woman and Home. (I love their recipes!) This is a Fruit Bannock. My family loves this. Recipe to be found here. I’ve been making this one for a while and it comes out perfect every time. I use whatever dried fruit I have available.
Picture from Woman and Home website.