This is a meme hosted by BethFishReads found here.
I am cleaning up, culling, packing and moving some items into storage so cooking is on the minimal side this weekend, however I am still trying to use up some ingredients that I have.
Right now as I’m typing there is a chicken soup in the slow cooker. This is one of those …hmmm what’s left in the house… let’s put it into a soup recipes.I had 3 carrots, 2 stalks of celery, a couple onions, a cooked carcass and chicken breast I had thrown in the freezer for soup, a couple potatoes, some parsley, a half bag of frozen peas, chicken broth and rice.
- Diced the carrots, celery and onion together and sweated in a pan.
- Peeled and sliced the potatoes
- Put the chicken, sliced potatoes, peas and broth in the slowcooker
- Added the veggies once softened.
- Put crockpot on for 4 hours
- Cooked the rice on the side
- Served by putting a scoop of rice in bowl and ladling soup over it.
Earlier today I made one of my go-to recipes from Woman and Home. (I love their recipes!) This is a Fruit Bannock. My family loves this. Recipe to be found here. I’ve been making this one for a while and it comes out perfect every time. I use whatever dried fruit I have available.
Picture from Woman and Home website.
Yum, homemade soup and bread! What could be better?
Those are great recipes for using up what’s in the house. Good for you!
Soup and homemade bread … what could be better.
I love my crockpot… nothing better than soup with fresh bread!
that bread looks delicious. Fresh bread and soup is perfect.
Your bread looks amazing and I need to make some slow cooker chicken soup this week.