- Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 18 – couldn’t stay awake
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? No, particular titles, just I would suggest a variety of genres, authors, and format.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No, everything seemed to work really well.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Really everything was great, although maybe it was just me but it didn’t seem the twitter presence was as much as previously?
- How many books did you read? I read 4 books in total.
- What were the names of the books you read? Murder on the Candlelight Tour, Strictly Murder, Thursday Morning Breakfast (and Murder) Club, Ghost in the Machine
- Which book did you enjoy most? Ghost in the Machine
- Which did you enjoy least? Thursday Morning Breakfast (and Murder) Club
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Nope, just a reader 🙂
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will participate again as a reader.
My mistake this time was to use the Read-a-thon to try to clean up my Kindle. First, because many of the books are just impulse buys because they were freebies or very cheap, so not books I was really invested in reading. Second, reading for that long on my Kindle bothered my eyes. Third, all my books were mysteries. Mysteries are my go-to genre, but four in a row (especially when a couple were just ok) was a problem.
Still now I know and I can have a better plan for next time.