I want to thank Book Junkiez at http://bookjunkiez.com/ for nominating me for the Liebster Award. This is a great honor and would like to thank everyone who read my blog. You are the reason I am here.
A Liebster Award is a blog award presented to bloggers, by other bloggers. It is just a nice way to give your fellow blogger a pat on the back, and hopefully increase their site traffic too!
So here are the rules I was given:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 11 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are the eleven questions I have to answer:
- What is your least favorite aspect of blogging? – I always come away wishing I was more creative with my blogging. I tend to be pretty formulaic….title of book, picture of book, brief review (minus the synopsis)
- What was your favorite book as a child?…I loved Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame.
- What was the last book that you bought?…The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett. It is one of the October selections for my One Drink Minimum book club.
- If you were on a deserted island, what fictional character would you like to be stuck with? …Maybe Robinson Crusoe because he could do the whole deserted island survival thing 🙂
- What is your favorite T.V. show? Currently Midsomer Murders, love it!
- Who is your favorite author? For mysteries, I would have to say M.C. Beaton. I love so many of her books.
- Who is your favorite fictional character? So many, it is hard to choose. Miss Zukas is pretty close to the top. Also, Bernie Rhodenbarr, from Lawrence Block’s Burglar series. Qwilleran from Lilian Jackson Braun is awesome as well.
- What is your favorite genre to read? Mystery…without a doubt. I’ve been a mystery reader since I was a child reading, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, & The Famous Five.
- Where is your favorite place to read? I have a big comfy red chair and ottoman in my living room where I love to read, although bed is a close second.
- If you could have lunch with your favorite author, who would it be? Probably MC Beaton, she writes so many of the books that I love.
- What is your favorite book series? Again, too many to choose! I love the Cat who….series, Agatha Raisin, Hamish Macbeth, so many good writers!
- What series would you most like to see made into a TV show?
- What is your favorite genre to read?
- Have you ever thought about writing?
- Do you read across genres?
- Have you ever found a book that was made into a movie, which you liked the movie more than the book?
- Do you ever change your mind about a book? In other words, maybe you really liked a book at one point in your life but when you went to reread you don’t understand why you liked it in the first place.
- Have you been a reader since childhood or is it something you came into later in life?
- Can you truly say that reading any one book was a life changing event or at least made you reexamine your life?
- Do you attend any book events, (conventions, author signings, etc.)
- Do you have real life friends who are readers?
- If you are married or have a partner, are they a reader? Is/was that a non-negotiable for you?