This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish to be found here. The theme for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
top ten words/topics that make me not pick up a book
- World War II – Spending a childhood attending Department of Defense Schools in Heidelberg Germany complete with field trips to former concentration camps did this in for me.
- Christian – I don’t read to be preached at by someone I don’t know.
- YA – Just has no appeal to me (often tends to be bad romance in disguise)
- Infertility – depressing
- Suicidal – depressing
- Cancer – depressing (see a theme yet)
- Cassandra Clare – see Books of Amber for explanation
- Historical – usually just does not appeal although I will read non-fiction and memoirs.
- forgiveness of infidelity – the books where the ex wife ends up best friends forever with her ex and his new wife that he cheated on her with and everything is soooo much better this way and rainbows and flowers and sunshine just shine down on all of us because we forgive each other….
ok…I’ve recovered from puking quietly in the corner
10. Urban fantasy – while I love epic fantasy like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, urban fantasy does nothing for me. (often just tends to be romance in disguise)